Garden theme: plant a rainbow garden
A vegetable garden can be just as colorful and pretty as one filled with flowers. This is a great idea for gardening with children, especially younger kids who are learning their colors.
- Red: tomato, sweet pepper, strawberry
- Orange: cauliflower (an orange variety called Cheddar), sweet pepper, pumpkin, squash
- Yellow: sweet pepper, tomato (Lemon Boy or Sungold), dill (flowers), squash
- Green: fill in the blank here – there’s an awful lot of green stuff to choose from in veggies!
- Blue: borage, lavender
- Purple: eggplant, basil (Red Rubin), onion chives (flowers)