Okay, I realized I don’t have much of a garden area at home to plant what I received, so I had to find a way to improvise. I thought planting in a wheelbarrow and some sort of a container (which I have no idea where it came from) might do the trick.
Things got off to a rocky start with the wheel barrow experiment, and I believe I exposed the plants to too much sun as I noticed some basil leaves were starting to fry. Immediately, I relocated the wheelbarrow to a more filtered location. Wow, did that make a huge difference … until Milwaukee weather started to resemble Seattle’s!
So, while I was able to resolve the “too much sun” issue, it seems I overlooked the drainage aspect of using a wheelbarrow — and two days of monsoon nearly flooded my plants. I swear I could just hear them screaming at me, “Hey MORON! Drain this thing!” That was the next step in ensuring I stayed on target with sustaining life versus abusing it.
All in all, the combination of warm sun and the rain we’ve had recently has been a good thing, and to my delight most of my plants are now perky and ready for the next stage in their lives … I can’t wait to see what happens next. (And on a side note, all the mulching I did over the weekend would’ve been MUCH easier had I been able to use the wheelbarrow).